What Is mSpy?
mSpy is a popular cell phone tracking and monitoring app that can be used on iPhones and Android devices. According to their website, their mission is to: “Provide parents with effective tools to keep tabs on their kids’ online activities, protecting them and minimizing all potential dangers their kids may face online.”
Using their app, parents can view their child’s phone activities remotely from their own devices. However, just like many other monitoring and spy apps, you will need access to the device in order to install it.
What mSpy Customers Think About It
There’s a mixed bag of mSpy customers. Many have raved about the product, but a majority say it is not worth it. On resellerratings.com, mSpy has about 190 reviews, with a combined star rating of only 1 out of 5! Many of these negative reviews claim the following:
- mSpy doesn’t work properly.
- It’s difficult to get in touch with their customer service team.
- The app is not compatible with the phone they want to monitor.
- The product price is too expensive.
Then on sitejabber.com, mSpy only has a rating of 2.85 stars from over 261+ reviews, with 165 of them being 1-star reviews. Clearly, most of mSpy’s customers are NOT fans of the product and company.
As an alternative option to mSpy, you should consider the top-rated cell phone spy app Auto Forward (which we highly recommend).
What Are The Main Features of mSpy?
mSpy includes all of the features needed to monitor a child’s cell phone.
- Phone Calls: View the target phone’s call log and certain phone numbers.
- Texts: See all sent and received text messages.
- Private Messaging Apps: View all messages in apps like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Kik, and more.
- GPS Tracking: Find the GPS location of the cell phone you are monitoring.
- Applications: View all install apps and block app use.
- Internet Browsing: See the phone’s browsing history and block certain websites.
- Email: Review all incoming and outgoing emails.
Which Is Better: mSpy or Auto Forward?
When you compare mSpy to Auto Forward, Auto Forward is clearly the best.
- Auto Forward Is More Affordable: The product only costs a one-time payment of $29.99 (Basic Plan) or $69.99 (Pro Plan). With mSpy, they only offer packages that cost anywhere from $29.99 to $69.99 per month! With both these products having very similar features, Auto Forward is worth the price.
- No Rooting or Jailbreaking: With Auto Forward, you are never required to jailbreak an iPhone or root an Android phone to install their software. With the mSpy iPhone Tracking and Android Tracking app, jailbreaking and rooting of the device is required. This means there is more of a hassle for the user.
- iPhone Compatibility: If you closely read the fine print for the mSpy iPhone with Jailbreak compatibility, it is only compatible with iPhones running on iOS 7 – 9.1. This is nowhere near the latest iOS version 14. Auto Forward is compatible with all of the latest iPhones, iPads, Android devices, and operating systems.
To learn more about Auto Forward, read our review.